Click here for Immigration Solicitors in Northern Ireland who have experience in dealing with Asylum Claims. This is not a comprehensive list of Immigration Practitioners.
Follow the links for general country information and human rights reports.
Human Rights Watch
U.S. Department of State
Health Care and GP Registration
- If you have, at any time, made a claim for asylum in the UK, you are entitled to access National Health Service (NHS) care in Northern Ireland without charge.
- If you are housed in Initial Accommodation, you will be referred for a health screening on arrival in your accommodation. This is carried out by the Northern Ireland New Entrant Service (NINES).
- If you are seeking asylum and need to register with a GP:
- Information can be sought from the Housing Officer (Serco) who arranged your Initial Accommodation or come to Bryson Intercultural/Migrant help advice.
- Or go to a GP surgery close to where you live, present your Asylum Registration Card (ARC) and IS.96 document, and request a GP registration form.
- After registering with a GP surgery, you will receive a Medical card.
- All asylum seekers are entitled to a HC2 certificate. This certificate provides full help with health costs, such as NHS dental treatment, NHS sight tests, costs of glasses and contact lenses, NHS wigs and fabric support, refund of necessary cost of travel to and from hospital for HS treatment. A HC2 certificate should be posted to your NASS accommodation by the Business Services Organisation after moving onto Section 95 support. If you have not received a HC2 certificate or need to apply for a new one, come to Bryson Intercultural/Migrant Help for further information and support.
- Anyone on Section 4 Support can avail of a HC2 certificate by completing a HC1 form, which can be collected at any Jobs and Benefits office or at Bryson Intercultural/Migrant Help.
Below is a non-exhaustive list of GP surgeries in Belfast.
|Dr N Cashel
||6 North Parade, BT7 2GG
|C L Corkey
||485 Ormeau Road, BT7 3GR
|Dr M Monaghan
||1 Dunluce Avenue, BT9 7HR
|J B Pitt
||137 Ormeau Road, BT7 1SH
|Dr F McMullan
||5 Churchill Street, BT15 2BP
|Dr G Allen
||195 Skegoneill Avenue, BT15 3LL
|Clifton Street Surgery
||15-17 Clifton Street, BT13 1AD
||59-61 Cliftonville Road, BT14 6JN
||7 Crocus Street, BT12 7AP
|Dr P Diamond
||186 Falls Road, BT12 6AG
|Dr M Logan
||66 Springfield Road, BT12 7AH
||129 Falls Road, BT12 6AD
||4 Mount Oriel, BT8 7HR
|Bryson Street Surgery
||115 Newtownards Road, BT4 1AB
||Westminster Avenue, BT4 1NS
||56 Templemore Avenue, BT5 4FT